Do not take Tabex if:
- You have an allergy (hypersensitivity) to the active substance cytisine or any of the other ingredients of Tabex;
- a recent myocardial infarction or stroke. unstable angina, cardiac arrhythmia (cardiac arrhythmia), atherosclerosis;
- pregnancy or breast-feeding.
Relative contraindications to the use of Tabex are:
- chromaffin tumors of the adrenal gland;
- gastroesophageal reflux disease (return of gastric juice in the lower part of the esophagus, which is manifested by a burning sensation);
- mental illness (some forms of schizophrenia).
Take special care with Tabex:
As there is insufficient clinical experience for the safe use of Tabex, caution should be exercised in patients with:
- ischemic heart disease (impaired blood supply to the heart muscle);
- heart failure (weakness of the heart muscle);
- hypertension (high blood pressure);
- cerebrovascular diseases;
- blockage of blood vessels;
- kidney and liver diseases;
- hyperthyroidism (increased thyroid function);
There is insufficient clinical experience with the safe use of Tabex in children under 18 years of age and adults over 65 years of age. Tabex is not recommended for use in these categories of patients without prior consultation with a physician and benefit / risk assessment.
Taking other medicines:
Tell your doctor if you are taking medicines such as physostigmine, galantamine, statins, medicines to lower blood pressure, to treat tuberculosis, due to the possible increase in their side effects when used with Tabex. Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Taking Tabex with food and drink:
Food and drink do not affect the action of Tabex.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine. If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, you should not be treated with Tabex.
Driving and using machines:
There are no data on adverse effects of Tabex when performing activities that require increased attention and speed of reactions. Important information about some of the ingredients of Tabex This medicine contains lactose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking Tabex.
Like all medicines, Tabex can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The following side effects are possible with Tabex treatment, especially in the beginning:
- dry mouth, changes in taste and appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea;
- headache, dizziness;
- palpitations, chest pain, rapid heartbeat, a slight increase in blood pressure;
- drowsiness, insomnia, increased irritability;
- difficulty breathing;
- muscle pain;
- weight loss, sweating.