Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. No interaction studies have been performed with other medicinal products. To date, no interactions have been reported with other medicinal products.
If you accidentally take a double or triple dose of the medicine at one time (for example 4-12 chewable tablets), this should not lead to any side effects. In this case, continue taking as directed. In case of significant drug overdose, adverse reactions may be exacerbated (see section 4. Adverse reactions). In this case, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Pregnancy, breast-feeding, fertility:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
Famotidine Sopharma is not used during pregnancy and lactation.
Driving and using machines:
No special instructions required.
Possible side effects:
Like all medicines, Famotidine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Famotidine is well tolerated.
- The following side effects are rare: headache, dizziness, diarrhea or constipation.
- Very rare:
- general disorders – loss of appetite, fatigue, fever;
- heart disorders – arrhythmia, palpitations;
- gastrointestinal disorders – nausea, vomiting, abdominal discomfort, dry mouth, changes in liver enzymes;
- disorders of the musculoskeletal system – muscle cramps, joint pain;
- disorders of the nervous system – dizziness, confusion, insomnia, drowsiness;
- skin disorders – itching, rash, dry skin;
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.